It's time again for the Encore Best of Wilmington Awards! Please vote for us for "Best Bookstore"
Why? here is the official plea for your vote:
1. As stated above Family Owned and Operated since 1982 (or as we like to say it: “Connecting good people with good books since 1982”)
2. Vend-a-quote, vend-a-poem, vend-a-book!
3. Home of “the hand silk screened, organic fair trade cotton bags - the thread was rescued from the heights of the Himalayas by Sherpas &
personally hand-woven for you by Gwenyfar.”
4. Books in over 15 languages - comprising the largest foreign language selection in the area.
5. Bloomsday celebration
6. Home of Wilmington's (and possibly the world's) first Literary JukeBox
7. Banned Books Club and Banned Books week!
8. Local Author's book club & the NC Writer's network meeting.
9. 10,000 books for $1.00 each!
10. 2 miles of books in down town Wilmington (more than 150,000 books on display floor)
***Even if you don’t vote for us, please don’t vote for one of the chains - there are lots of wonderful independent books stores in the area - 2 Sisters, Solomon & McAllister, Pomegranate, & Pat’s Paperback Exchange to name but a few. Please support local business - we support your community. *** THANK YOU! Please think of Downtown Wilmington for “Best Shopping Center”
Also, Please vote Sugar on Front St for "Best Bakery" and "Best Coffee Shop" If you've ever had the cheese cake, you know it's true!